Fixed this for dinner tonight. Overall, it was a good recipe. However, mine came out of the oven kinda soupy...not sure why as I followed the directions. Perhaps, I didn't use enough tortillas....it was still good, though.
Light King Ranch Chicken Casserole
More From Southern Living
Bake: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 282
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 26.4g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 54.4mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 947mg
- Calcium: 248mg
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (10-ounce) can fat-free cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10-ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomato and green chiles
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (8-ounce) block reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sauté onion and bell pepper in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in chicken and next 6 ingredients; remove from heat.
- Tear tortillas into 1-inch pieces; layer one-third tortilla pieces in bottom of a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with one-third chicken mixture and one-third cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Note: Freeze casserole up to 1 month, if desired. Thaw in refrigerator overnight, and bake as directed.
Serve with a veggie-loaded salad and vinaigrette. For added Southwest flavor, whisk a few dashes of hot sauce into the dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles