Don't remember rating this dish before it was incorrect for sure. I love this casserole. It was very easy to make, I made two dishes and gave one to my sister, she too loved it. Good for you if you're on Weight Watchers.
Light King Ranch Chicken Casserole
More From Southern Living
Bake: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 282
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 26.4g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 54.4mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 947mg
- Calcium: 248mg
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (10-ounce) can fat-free cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10-ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomato and green chiles
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (8-ounce) block reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sauté onion and bell pepper in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in chicken and next 6 ingredients; remove from heat.
- Tear tortillas into 1-inch pieces; layer one-third tortilla pieces in bottom of a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with one-third chicken mixture and one-third cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Note: Freeze casserole up to 1 month, if desired. Thaw in refrigerator overnight, and bake as directed.
Serve with a veggie-loaded salad and vinaigrette. For added Southwest flavor, whisk a few dashes of hot sauce into the dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This