- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (10-ounce) can fat-free cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10-ounce) can fat-free cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomato and green chiles
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (8-ounce) block reduced-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded
- calories 282
- caloriesfromfat 32 %
- fat 9.9 g
- satfat 5 g
- monofat 0.5 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 21 g
- carbohydrate 26.4 g
- fiber 3.1 g
- cholesterol 54.4 mg
- iron 0.7 mg
- sodium 947 mg
- calcium 248 mg
How to Make It
Sauté onion and bell pepper in a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir in chicken and next 6 ingredients; remove from heat.
Tear tortillas into 1-inch pieces; layer one-third tortilla pieces in bottom of a 13- x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with one-third chicken mixture and one-third cheese. Repeat layers twice.
Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly.
Note: Freeze casserole up to 1 month, if desired. Thaw in refrigerator overnight, and bake as directed.
Serve with a veggie-loaded salad and vinaigrette. For added Southwest flavor, whisk a few dashes of hot sauce into the dressing.