Light Italian Mac ' n Cheese
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Cook 1 pkg. whole grain penne
- 1 c. cottage cheese (2%)
- 1/4 c. diced onion
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 T. dijon mustard
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1/4 t. nutmeg
- 1/8 t. cayenne
- 2 1/2 c. skim milk
- 3 T. flour
- 3/4 c. parmasan and 3/4 c. fontina
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzerella
- Garnish with:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cook Penne, drain and set aside. Puree cottage cheese, onion, garlic, dijon, salt and nutmeg in food processor until smooth.
- Heat milk in pan over med. heat until milk steams. Slowly whisk flour into milk; cook, stirring often, until it thickens, 8-10 minutes. Whisk in cottage cheese mixture until smooth.
- Combine cheese, then add by handfuls to milk mixture, whisking until melted before adding next handful. Once cheese is melted stir in pasta. Garnish with tomatoes and basil.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Light Italian Mac ' n Cheese Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews