Light Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup(s) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 2 whole(s) large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 6 ounce(s) good quality dark-chocolate chunks, such as scharffen berger
- 3/4 cup(s) dried cherries
- 1 cup(s) sliced almonds
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine butter and sugars, beat with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add oil and eggs, beat until creamy. Stir in vanilla.
- 3. In a medium bowl, combine flours, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; stir well. Gently fold in cherries, chocolate and almonds.
- 4. Scoop batter by heaping tablespoons onto 2 baking sheets covered with parchment paper. Bake cookies in 2 batches in upper and lower third of oven until golden on top and bottom(12-15 min.) Transfer cookies on parchment paper to a wire rack; cool (cookies will crisp as they cool). Store cookies at room temperature in an airtight container( they will keep up to 4 days).
This recipe is a personal recipe added by jeanna77 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Light Chocolate Chunk Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies