Light Chicken Divan
Chicken Divan Lite
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 head(s) broccoli chopped
- 24 ounce(s) boneless, skinless checken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoon(s) shallot or onion minced
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour (unbleached
- 1 cup(s) fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) nonfat milk
- 1/4 cup(s) dry sherry or white wine
- 6 ounce(s) reduced-fat Swiss cheese Shredded
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup(s) seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add broccoli and blanch 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Mist a 9-by-13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Misht a large skillet or grill pan with cooking spray; place over medium-low heat, Cook Chicken, turjning once, until browned and almost cooked through about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; transfer chicken to a cutting board. When cool, slice ckicken into bite size pieces.
- Warm a medium skillet over medium heat. Add butrter and 2 tsp. oil; heat until butter is melted. Add garlic and shallots and saute until tender, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle flour over mixture and whisk until incorporated. Stir in broth, milk and sherry and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in half of Swiss cheese. Season with Salt and pepper.
- Arrangebroccoli in baking dish and pour half of sauce on top. Arrange Chicken on top and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining Swiss cheese and Parmesan; top with bread crumbs. Drizzle with 1/2 tsp of olive oil.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RandyHood and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note