Light Chicken Divan
Community Recipe from
- 3 head(s) broccoli chopped
- 24 ounce(s) boneless, skinless checken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 clove(s) garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoon(s) shallot or onion minced
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour (unbleached
- 1 cup(s) fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup(s) nonfat milk
- 1/4 cup(s) dry sherry or white wine
- 6 ounce(s) reduced-fat Swiss cheese Shredded
- 1/4 cup(s) parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup(s) seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add broccoli and blanch 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Mist a 9-by-13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Misht a large skillet or grill pan with cooking spray; place over medium-low heat, Cook Chicken, turjning once, until browned and almost cooked through about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; transfer chicken to a cutting board. When cool, slice ckicken into bite size pieces.
- Warm a medium skillet over medium heat. Add butrter and 2 tsp. oil; heat until butter is melted. Add garlic and shallots and saute until tender, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle flour over mixture and whisk until incorporated. Stir in broth, milk and sherry and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in half of Swiss cheese. Season with Salt and pepper.
- Arrangebroccoli in baking dish and pour half of sauce on top. Arrange Chicken on top and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining Swiss cheese and Parmesan; top with bread crumbs. Drizzle with 1/2 tsp of olive oil.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by RandyHood and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes