Lickety Split Alfredo Style Mac and Cheese
Enjoy macaroni and cheese with a twist. Broccoli and bread crumbs come together in this meatless family dinner. For a smaller family, this recipe can easily be halved. Just divide all ingredients in half and assemble in an 11x7-inch (2-quart) baking dish. Or make the whole recipe and freeze the leftovers for another meal. Additions/Substitutions: garlic and herb seasoning, Italian seasoning, sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce, cooked chicken, frozen spinach, smoked sausage. Recipe from Pillsbury.
- 3 cup(s) uncooked elbow macaroni (12 oz)
- 1 cup(s) matchstick-cut or shredded carrots (from 10-oz bag)
- 1 12-ounce bag(s) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2 10-ounce container(s) refrigerated Alfredo pasta sauce
- 3/4 cup(s) freshly shredded Parmesan cheese (6 oz)
- 3/4 cup(s) panko crispy bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter, melted
- Step 1: Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Step 2: In 5-quart Dutch oven, heat 4 quarts water to boiling. Add macaroni; cook 4 minutes. Stir in carrots; cook 2 minutes longer or until tender. Drain. Return macaroni and carrots to Dutch oven. Stir in broccoli, Alfredo sauce and 1/2 cup of the cheese. Spoon into baking dish.
- Step 3: In small bowl, mix bread crumbs, remaining 1/4 cup cheese and the butter; sprinkle evenly over casserole.
- Step 4: Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated and topping is golden.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note