Libby's Pumpkin Pie
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY'S 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTL CARNATION Evaporated Milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- Whipped cream (optional)
- MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- POUR into pie shell.
- BAKE in preheated 425 F oven for 15 minutes.
- REDUCE temperature to 350 F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Top with whipped cream before serving.
- 1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin spice may be substituted for the cinnamon, ginger and cloves; however, the taste will be slightly different.
- Do not freeze, as this will cause the crust to separate from the filling.
- FOR 2 SHALLOW PIES: substitute two 9-inch (2-cup volume) pie shells. Bake in preheated 425 F. oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 F.; bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until pies test done.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Dixie1dog and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note