Wonderful flavors! Ours turned out a little over-cooked, but this could be because we used organic chickens (maybe these are smaller?)
Lexington-Style Grilled Chicken
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
More From Southern Living
Other: 2 Hours, 35 Minutes
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons dried crushed red pepper
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 (2 1/2- to 3-lb.) cut-up whole chickens
- 1. Stir together first 6 ingredients until blended.
- 2. Divide vinegar mixture and chicken between 2 large zip-top plastic freezer bags, and seal bags. Chill 2 to 8 hours, turning bags occasionally.
- 3. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- 4. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 35 to 40 minutes or until done, turning occasionally.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes