Wonderful flavors! Ours turned out a little over-cooked, but this could be because we used organic chickens (maybe these are smaller?)
Lexington-Style Grilled Chicken
More From Southern Living
Other: 2 Hours, 35 Minutes
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons dried crushed red pepper
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 (2 1/2- to 3-lb.) cut-up whole chickens
- 1. Stir together first 6 ingredients until blended.
- 2. Divide vinegar mixture and chicken between 2 large zip-top plastic freezer bags, and seal bags. Chill 2 to 8 hours, turning bags occasionally.
- 3. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- 4. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, 35 to 40 minutes or until done, turning occasionally.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note