OUTSTANDING!!!!! With it being Summer, I'm really looking for light meals where I don't have to turn on the oven. I have one of those stovetop EZ pro grills so I decided to give this a shot. I was a little skeptical with all the vinegar and no garlic (how can you make chicken with NO GARLIC???) but this was FABULOUS!! I did taste the vinegar at first but it was not overwhelming to me. I really really liked the flavor! I cut the recipe in half and used 4 + 4 boneless and skinless thighs and breasts. I will definitely be making these again!
Lexington-Style Grilled Chicken
More From Southern Living
Chill: 2 Hours
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons dried crushed red pepper
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 (2 1/2- to 3-pound) cut-up whole chickens*
- Stir together first 6 ingredients until blended.
- Place half each of vinegar mixture and chicken in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; seal. Repeat procedure with remaining vinegar mixture and chicken, placing in a separate zip-top plastic freezer bag. Chill chicken at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 35 to 40 minutes or until done, turning occasionally.
- *8 skinned and boned chicken breast halves and 8 skinned and boned chicken thighs may be substituted for whole chickens. Chill in marinade at least 1 to 2 hours, turning occasionally. Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until done.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This