Butter Lettuce, Radish and Avocado Salad with Mustard Dressing
Try this recipe in early spring, when the first radishes appear at farmers' markets.
More From Health
- Calories: 152
- Fat: 14.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 5.7g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 122mg
- Calcium: 30mg
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or other neutral oil
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn
- 8 French breakfast radishes or round red radishes, halved
- 1 scallion, white and pale green parts only, thinly sliced at an angle
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh dill
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk vinegar and mustard with a pinch each of salt and pepper. While whisking, add oils in a slow, steady stream to emulsify.
- 2. Toss dressing with lettuce, radishes, scallion and dill. Top with avocado and serve.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note