Lettuce Fried Rice with Easter Ham and Eggs
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto
The amount of chopped lettuce in this recipe looks like it's enough to feed an army, but it wilts down quickly.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 3/4 cups)
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 347
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Protein: 14g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 565mg
- Cholesterol: 170mg
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup diced baked ham or black forest ham
- 4 cups cold cooked white rice*
- 1 large head butter lettuce, chopped
- About 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1. Combine ginger and garlic. Put 1 tsp. of mixture in a 12-in. nonstick frying pan with 1 tbsp. oil and cook over medium-high heat until sizzling, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, then cook, stirring often, until set, 3 minutes; transfer from pan to a bowl.
- 2. Put remaining ginger mixture in pan with ham and stir-fry until garlic is softened, about 2 minutes. Add remaining 1 tbsp. oil and the rice; cook, stirring often, until hot, 3 to 4 minutes. Add lettuce and cook, tossing gently, until wilted, about 2 minutes. Stir in eggs. Season with 1 tbsp. soy sauce and serve more at the table if you like.
- *If you don't have leftover rice, pick some up at your market's prepared foods counter and spread it out on a rimmed pan to cool.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes