- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup diced baked ham or black forest ham
- 4 cups cold cooked white rice*
- 1 large head butter lettuce, chopped
- About 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- calories 347
- caloriesfromfat 31 %
- protein 14 g
- fat 12 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- carbohydrate 45 g
- fiber 0.5 g
- sodium 565 mg
- cholesterol 170 mg
How to Make It
Combine ginger and garlic. Put 1 tsp. of mixture in a 12-in. nonstick frying pan with 1 tbsp. oil and cook over medium-high heat until sizzling, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, then cook, stirring often, until set, 3 minutes; transfer from pan to a bowl.
Put remaining ginger mixture in pan with ham and stir-fry until garlic is softened, about 2 minutes. Add remaining 1 tbsp. oil and the rice; cook, stirring often, until hot, 3 to 4 minutes. Add lettuce and cook, tossing gently, until wilted, about 2 minutes. Stir in eggs. Season with 1 tbsp. soy sauce and serve more at the table if you like.
*If you don't have leftover rice, pick some up at your market's prepared foods counter and spread it out on a rimmed pan to cool.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.