LEOLA'S HOMEMADE PEACH COBBLER
- 2 cups of self rising flour
- 1 cup of CRISCO shorteni
- 1/2 cup of ice water
- 1 ex-large can of peaches(108 oz)
- 2 sticks of butter or margarine
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 tsp of vanilla
- 2 tsp of corn starch
- 1/2 cup of water
- PIE CRUST
- Mix flour and shortening until you have small crumbs.Add ice water and knead dough until it pull away from the bowl.Place in the refrigerator until chilled.The crust can be made a day ahead.
- Strain juice off peaches.In medium saucepan heat juice until it boils(make sure it doesn't boil over).In a bowl mix water and corn starch until dissolve.Add cinnamon,vanilla and corn starch mixture to boiling juice.Mix well.Place rolled pie crust in four sided pan.Add peaches,sugar,1 stick of butter and filling in that order.Place crust on top.Add 1 stick of butter(slice butter on top of crust).Bake for 1 1/2 hours on 350-375 degrees.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cornishleola and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
LEOLA'S HOMEMADE PEACH COBBLER Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Pies/Pastries