Lentils and Sweet Potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 3/4 cup Sweet Potato Puree or canned mashed sweet potato
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Add lentils; cook 35 minutes or until lentils are very tender. Drain; let cool completely.
- 2. Place lentils in a food processor; process until smooth. Stir in Sweet Potato Puree.
- Lentil Pilaf with Sweet Potatoes variation: Stir 3/4 cup cooked brown or long-grain rice into lentils before processing. Proceed with the recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables