Lentils and brown rice
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup(s) carrots chopped
- 1 cup(s) celery chopped
- 1/2-1 cup(s) brown ride
- 1/2-1 cup(s) brown lentils rinsed and picked over
- 16 ounce(s) chicken stock
- olive oil
- In a little olive oil saute onion, carrots and celery. Add the brown rice, lentils and chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil. Cover and turn down to a simmer for 50 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and lentils and brown rice are cooked.
- Sometimes I add in bell pepper, peas or zucchini at the end.
- I love to eat it topped with my favorite mexican hot sauce and maybe a little cheese or tomato.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mbusque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lentils and brown rice Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes