Lentil Soup with Spicy Italian Sausage
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) hot Italian sausage cooked
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 large carrots peeled & chopped
- 2 large parsnips peeled & chopped
- 2 large celery stalks chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) italian seasoning blend
- 1 pound(s) brown lentils
- 3 quart(s) low sodium chicken broth
- 5 ounce(s) baby spinach leaves
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until browned, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer sausage to bowl. Add onion, carrots, parsnips, celery, and Italian seasoning blend to drippings in pot; cook until onion is translucent and vegetables begin to soften, stirring often, 7 to 8 minutes. Add lentils; stir to coat. Add 3 quarts broth. Bring to boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer until lentils are tender, stirring occasionally and adding more broth by 1/4 cupfuls if soup is too thick, 20 minutes.
- Add sausage to soup and simmer until vegetables are tender and flavors blend, 10 to 12 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cramsham and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lentil Soup with Spicy Italian Sausage Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes