Spicy Lentil Salad with Yogurt and Cilantro
For a healthy, meatless weeknight dinner, serve Spicy Lentil Salad with Yogurt and Cilantro. Fresh flavors abound in this protein-rich dish.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 372
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 18g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
- Sodium: 335mg
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1 1/3 cups plain Greek yogurt (not nonfat)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 10 cup salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced, optional
- 1. Put lentils in a pan, sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt. Cover with 1 inch cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until lentils are just tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain. Transfer to a bowl. Let cool.
- 2. Add yogurt, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, cilantro, garlic, cumin and cayenne. Gently stir and season with salt. Divide greens among 4 plates; mound lentils in center. Place tomatoes (and cucumbers, if desired) on the side and drizzle remaining olive oil over all. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note