Padma's Lentil salad from Ellen
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) Beluga black lentils
- 1 Fuji apple peeled, cored and diced
- 1 Yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno peppers diced
- 1/2 cup(s) Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1 Large lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) Black Pepper
- 1 cup(s) flat-leaf parsley loosely packed
- 1 teaspoon(s) sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) Minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon(s) Minced garlic
- Wash the lentils and soak them for 2 hours in tepid water, drain. In a deep pot, add 8 cups water to the lentils, bring to a boil. Cover and cook on low heat for 20-25 minutes. Rinse the lentils with cold water and drain. Make sure the lentils are cooked but firm, not mushy. Heat one teaspoon of sesame oil in pan and add garlic, ginger, bell pepper and jalapeno. Stir fry on medium heat for 5 minutes. In a large bowl, mix together the lentils, apple, cooked bell pepper and jalapeno, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and salt. Stir well and refrigerate. Top with parsley.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KaraCon and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lentil Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads