Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 sprig(s) bay leaves
- 1 pinch(s) cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoon(s) EVOO
- 2 clove(s) garlic
- 1 pinch(s) himalyan salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 10 ounce(s) lentils
- 1 bulb(s) onion
- 3 pint(s) water
- 3 tablespoon(s) wine vinegar
- Garnish stuffed olives, tomatoe wedges, parsley springs
- Soak the lentils overnight and drain. Take out 1 cup of the lentils and put it into approximately three quarters of a pint of water with a little chopped onion, some salt and pepper and a few flakes of cayenne pepper. Let simmer for about 1 and half hours. ( I found you needed to add water but by guessing and then watching to see it does not burn and untill soft, but not too much water each time, start with recipe amount and then add little at time}
- For remainder of the lentils, In a large pot saute the rest of the chopped onion in 2 tbs of the olive oil until it is transparent. Add the garlic, bay lead, 2 and half pints of water, some salt and the lentils.. Simmer this also about 1 and half hours. When lentils are tender drain and rinse them, keeping the two kinds separate untill cool.
- Then mix together add 2 tablespoons of live oil, the vinegar and lemon juice. salt and pepper to taste and set aside over night.
- To make dressing combine the onion, p0arsely, mustard, salt and pepper in bown mixing thoroughly. Then add the olive oil,bit by bit, beating continuosly until sauce thickens.
- Then add the lemon juice, beat again, and pour over teh lentils, mixing it in.
- Chill well then pile the lentils on a platter and garnish.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by nivadiva and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note