This salad was very tasty and the flank steak was tender and delicious. I had it for lunch the next two days. Will definitely make again.
Lentil and Orzo Salad with Flank Steak and Feta
While small green lentils are prettiest, you can also use brown lentils in this filling Greek-inspired salad.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: about 1 1/3 cups)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 391
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 11.6g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 22.3g
- Carbohydrate: 49.5g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- Iron: 3.9mg
- Sodium: 515mg
- Calcium: 124mg
- 1 cup dried petite green lentils
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked orzo (about 8 ounces rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Basic Grilled Flank Steak (about 6 ounces)
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Place lentils in a medium saucepan, and cover with water to 2 inches above lentils. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. Place lentils in a large bowl.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain. Add pasta, Basic Grilled Flank Steak, cheese, basil, olives, and oregano to lentils; toss well to combine.
- Combine vinegar and remaining ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over pasta mixture; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note