Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) red lentils
- 3/4 cup(s) fine grain bulgar
- 1/2 cup(s) onion finely minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) green onions with tops finely minced
- 1 cup(s) parsley finely chopped
- 3 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- Cook the lentils in 2 1/2 cups of water until tender, adding more water if necessary. When they are almost soft and the water is nearly absorbed, stir in the bulgar and boil 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the bulgar to soften and the mixture to cool.
- Saute the onion in olive oil for 3 to 4 minutes, stir in tomato paste and remove from heat.
- Combine all ingredients and knead into a paste. When the mixture has cooled form tablespoons into thumb sized koftes. Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with parsley. Serve cold as an appetizer.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cantsitstill and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes