Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) red lentils
- 3/4 cup(s) fine grain bulgar
- 1/2 cup(s) onion finely minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 cup(s) green onions with tops finely minced
- 1 cup(s) parsley finely chopped
- 3 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- Cook the lentils in 2 1/2 cups of water until tender, adding more water if necessary. When they are almost soft and the water is nearly absorbed, stir in the bulgar and boil 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the bulgar to soften and the mixture to cool.
- Saute the onion in olive oil for 3 to 4 minutes, stir in tomato paste and remove from heat.
- Combine all ingredients and knead into a paste. When the mixture has cooled form tablespoons into thumb sized koftes. Arrange on a platter and sprinkle with parsley. Serve cold as an appetizer.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cantsitstill and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note