Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 bayleaves
- 3/4 cup(s) beer
- 1 cup(s) chopped celery,carrot,parsnip
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh dill (can use dried)
- 1/2 cup(s) dried lentils
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 cup(s) sliced leek
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) thyme
- 1/4 cup(s) uncooked pearl barley
- 3 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 1 cup(s) water
- Heat oil-saute leeks for two minutes.Add broth, water and beer, bring to a boil.Add chopped carrots thru bayleaves.Return to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.Stir in lentils, cover and cook for 30 minutes. Discard bay leaves.
- Add salt to taste. Can add a dash of olive oil and parmesan
- cheese to each serving
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Isabel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lentil-Barley Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews