Lentil and Bean Soup
- 4 cup(s) Lentils
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 5 clove(s) Garlic Minced
- 1/4 cup(s) Olive Oil
- 2 cup(s) Tomato Sauce
- 3 quart(s) Chicken Broth
- 3 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) Cumin Powder
- 3 teaspoon(s) Crushed Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 cup(s) Celery Chopped
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Red Beans Cooked
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Garbanzo Beans Cooked
- 1/2 cup(s) Red Bell Pepper Chopped Finely
- Cover the lentils with cold water, bring to a boil, drain and rinse in cold water and drain again.
- Saute the onions and garlic in the olive oil in a large pot.
- Add the sauce, salt, seasonings, and broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the drained lentils and the celery and cook for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Add the cooked beans and red bell peppers and cook for 10 more minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by HopeFull and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note