The basic sauce on this is delicious! I'm not a big enough fan of sugar snap peas to make it again but I would try the other variations if I had some snap peas to use up.
Lemony Snap Peas
Lemony Snap Peas deliver citrusy flavor in a snap!
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 73
- Fat: 3.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 8.4g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 154mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 8 cups water
- 12 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1. Bring 8 cups water to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Add peas; cook 30 seconds or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge into ice water; drain. Slice half of peas diagonally.
- 2. Combine lemon rind and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Add peas; toss to coat.
- Radish and Feta: Prepare base recipe, reducing salt to 1/8 teaspoon. Add 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes, 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) crumbled feta, and 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint to pea mixture. Toss to combine. Serves 4 (serving size: 1 cup) CALORIES 104 (0% from fat); FAT 5.8g (sat 2.1g); SODIUM 219mg
- Israeli Couscous and Dill: Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add 2/3 cup Israeli couscous; sauté 3 minutes. Add 1 cup water; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Drain and rinse; drain. Prepare base recipe with 6 ounces peas, increasing salt to 1/2 teaspoon and substituting 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic for shallot. Combine pea mixture, couscous, and 1 tablespoon minced dill. Top with 2 tablespoons shaved Parmesan cheese. Serves 4 (serving size: about 1 cup) CALORIES 211 (0% from fat); FAT 6.7g (sat 1.2g); SODIUM 314mg
- Toasted Almond and Pecorino: Prepare base recipe. Toast 3 tablespoons sliced almonds in a small skillet; cook over medium heat 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add almonds to pea mixture; toss gently. Top with 3 tablespoons shaved pecorino Romano cheese. Serves 4 (serving size: about 1 cup) CALORIES 113 (0% from fat); FAT 6.8g (sat 1.4g); SODIUM 221mg
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note