Lemony Shrimp with White Beans and Couscous
Shrimp is everyone's favorite quick-cooking seafood. When you add in hearty cannellini beans and couscous, you get a company-worthy, one-pot meal.
More From Health
- Calories: 482
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 32g
- Carbohydrate: 73g
- Fiber: 9g
- Cholesterol: 178mg
- Iron: 6mg
- Sodium: 663mg
- Calcium: 111mg
- 1 (10-ounce) box couscous (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a pan. Add couscous and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- 2. Heat 2 teaspoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and scallions; cook 30 seconds. Add shrimp, and cook, stirring, 3 minutes or until they begin to turn pink.
- 3. Stir in beans, parsley, lemon juice, remaining butter, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook 2–3 minutes or until heated through. Serve with the couscous.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note