Lemony Shrimp with White Beans and Couscous
Shrimp is everyone's favorite quick-cooking seafood. When you add in hearty cannellini beans and couscous, you get a company-worthy, one-pot meal.
More From Health
- Calories: 482
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 32g
- Carbohydrate: 73g
- Fiber: 9g
- Cholesterol: 178mg
- Iron: 6mg
- Sodium: 663mg
- Calcium: 111mg
- 1 (10-ounce) box couscous (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a pan. Add couscous and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- 2. Heat 2 teaspoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and scallions; cook 30 seconds. Add shrimp, and cook, stirring, 3 minutes or until they begin to turn pink.
- 3. Stir in beans, parsley, lemon juice, remaining butter, remaining 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook 2–3 minutes or until heated through. Serve with the couscous.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes