Second time I've made this to OUTSTANDING reviews! My hunny takes my cooking for granted and rarely makes a fuss out of any meal, but this is one of the few he really comments on and wants again! Easy too; both times have made after a long days work! I'm also my worst critic and I could eat this again and again! Serve it with either a green salad or veggie on the side...very filling. Yum, yum, yum!
Lemony Shrimp with White Beans and Couscous
Photo: Kan Kanbayashi
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 510
- Protein: 36g
- Carbohydrate: 66g
- Sugars: 2g
- Fiber: 6g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Sodium: 810mg
- Cholesterol: 195mg
- 1 10-ounce box couscous (1 1/2 cups)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 15.5-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Stir in the couscous and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and let sit off heat for 5 minutes; fluff with a fork before serving.
Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and scallions and cook for 30 seconds. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, until they begin to turn pink, about 3 minutes.
Stir in the beans, parsley, lemon juice, the remaining butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with the couscous.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes