Fresh, refreshing and lightweight. A lovely warm-weather, light-weight meal.
Lemony Quinoa Salad with Shaved Vegetables
Photo: © Tina Rupp
- 8 large red radishes or 1 large watermelon radish
- 1 small black radish
- 1 medium carrot, peeled
- 1 medium fennel bulb, cored
- 1 cup quinoa, preferably red rinsed
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Using a mandoline, thinly slice the radishes, carrot and fennel bulb. Transfer to a large bowl of ice water and refrigerate for about 1 hour, until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, bring the quinoa and water to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat until the water is absorbed and the quinoa is tender, 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Drain and dry the vegetables. In a bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice with the oil. Add the quinoa and toss; season with salt and pepper. Serve the quinoa in bowls, topped with the vegetables.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables