Lemony Pasta With Chicken and Spinach
High in iron (4 mg) and chromium (27 micrograms, or mcg); for women ages 19 to 50, iron RDA is 18 mg and chromium reference daily intake (RDI) is 120 mcg. Prep: 12 minutes; Cook: 20 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 588
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 32g
- Carbohydrate: 85g
- Fiber: 12g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 791mg
- Calcium: 124mg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
- 3 thinly sliced medium red onions
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 9 ounces uncooked spinach fettuccine
- 1 (6-ounce) package baby spinach
- Pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- 1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes per side or until done. Transfer with tongs to a cutting board. Cool; shred with hands.
- 2. Combine onions, raisins, rind, ginger, and salt in a large skillet over medium heat; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in vinegar and pepper.
- 3. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Stir in spinach just before draining. Drain pasta and spinach; return to pot, stir in onion mixture and chicken, and toss well before serving. Garnish with pine nuts, if desired.
- Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 22g.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes