- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
- 3 thinly sliced medium red onions
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 9 ounces uncooked spinach fettuccine
- 1 (6-ounce) package baby spinach
- Pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- calories 588
- fat 14 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 8 g
- polyfat 2 g
- protein 32 g
- carbohydrate 85 g
- fiber 12 g
- cholesterol 55 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 791 mg
- calcium 124 mg
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes per side or until done. Transfer with tongs to a cutting board. Cool; shred with hands.
Combine onions, raisins, rind, ginger, and salt in a large skillet over medium heat; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in vinegar and pepper.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Stir in spinach just before draining. Drain pasta and spinach; return to pot, stir in onion mixture and chicken, and toss well before serving. Garnish with pine nuts, if desired.
Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 22g.