Lemony Pasta Shells with Broccoli and Walnuts
Time: 25 minutes. Here's our definition of a perfect weeknight dish: just a few ingredients—most of which may already be on hand—that seem to magically add up to more than the sum of their parts.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 358
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Protein: 13g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 9.5g
- Sodium: 132mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3/4 pound whole-wheat pasta shells or penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 pound broccoli florets, 1/3 of them chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 3/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- Finely shredded zest of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, plus more to taste
- Freshly shredded pecorino cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add garlic, and sauté until fragrant, 1 minute. Add broccoli, 3/4 cup water, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cover; cook until broccoli is tender.
- 3. Stir in walnuts, zest, and juice of 1/2 lemon, then toss with drained pasta. Add more salt, lemon juice, and olive oil to taste. Serve with cheese.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This