- 3/4 pound whole-wheat pasta shells or penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 pound broccoli florets, 1/3 of them chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 3/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- Finely shredded zest of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, plus more to taste
- Freshly shredded pecorino cheese
- calories 358
- caloriesfromfat 38 %
- protein 13 g
- fat 15 g
- satfat 1.6 g
- carbohydrate 50 g
- fiber 9.5 g
- sodium 132 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat, add garlic, and sauté until fragrant, 1 minute. Add broccoli, 3/4 cup water, and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cover; cook until broccoli is tender.
Stir in walnuts, zest, and juice of 1/2 lemon, then toss with drained pasta. Add more salt, lemon juice, and olive oil to taste. Serve with cheese.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.