This is really simple to make and tastes fantastic! I've made it for picnics and gathering and everyone loves it!
Lemony Orzo-Veggie Salad with Chicken
This colorful orzo and chicken main dish salad is packed with an assortment of chopped fresh vegetables and tossed with a tangy lemon dressing. It's a great use for leftover or rotisserie chicken.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 275
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 18.2g
- Carbohydrate: 28g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 338mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/2 cup diced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup prechopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 1. Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain and place in a large bowl.
- 2. While orzo cooks, combine lemon rind and next 6 ingredients (through black pepper), stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle juice mixture over orzo; toss to coat. Add chicken and next 4 ingredients (through dill); toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note