I only took off one star because it is mayo! But the shrimp dipped in the sauce was great! You can make this ahead.
This recipe goes with Crispy Shrimp with Arugula and Lemony Mayo
Yield: Makes 1 1/4 cups
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon zest
- 1. In a food processor, whirl egg yolks, 2 tbsp. lemon juice, mustard, sugar, 1/2 tsp. salt, and a few grinds of black pepper. With motor running, pour in olive oil and canola oil; mixture should be thick and shiny (you may need a little more or less canola oil).
- 2. Add lemon zest then salt and lemon juice to taste. Chill until cold.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers