I only took off one star because it is mayo! But the shrimp dipped in the sauce was great! You can make this ahead.
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon zest
- 1. In a food processor, whirl egg yolks, 2 tbsp. lemon juice, mustard, sugar, 1/2 tsp. salt, and a few grinds of black pepper. With motor running, pour in olive oil and canola oil; mixture should be thick and shiny (you may need a little more or less canola oil).
- 2. Add lemon zest then salt and lemon juice to taste. Chill until cold.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note