Lemony Lentil Soup with Spinach
Thanks to your slow cooker, this dinner of Lemony Lentil Soup is ready by the time everyone gets home in the evening. Top this slow-cooker soup with a dollop of yogurt for added zing.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 223
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 18g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 283mg
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups dried brown lentils, washed and picked over
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 10-oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1. In slow cooker, combine onion, carrots, garlic, lentils, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. salt, broth and 3 cups water. Cover and cook on low until lentils and vegetables are tender, 6 to 7 hours.
- 2. Stir in spinach, cover, raise heat to high and cook for 20 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, season with salt and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note