What a FANTASTIC find for weeknight dinners. I followed the recipe exactly. The salad is very ancillary, the shrimp would grace any salad or mixed kabob. I have every intention of also trying this marinade on chicken on some mixed kabobs. It all came together easily and made for a quick, delicious dinner.
Lemony Grilled Shrimp Salad
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 309
- Fat: 18.4g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 11.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 175mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 430mg
- Calcium: 141mg
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 7 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 24 extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 pound)
- Cooking spray
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup peeled jicama, cut into 2 x 1/4-inch strips
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ounce queso fresco, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- 1. Preheat grill to high heat.
- 2. Combine rind, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon oil, and shrimp in a medium bowl. Thread 4 shrimp onto each of 6 (10-inch) skewers. Coat grill rack with cooking spray. Grill shrimp 2 minutes on each side or until done.
- 3. Remove shrimp from skewers. Combine shrimp, arugula, jicama, and avocado in a large bowl; toss gently. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, lemon juice, vinegar, and sugar in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add juice mixture to shrimp mixture, and toss gently to coat. Divide the salad among 4 large plates; sprinkle evenly with queso fresco.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This