- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 7 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 24 extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 pound)
- Cooking spray
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup peeled jicama, cut into 2 x 1/4-inch strips
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ounce queso fresco, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- calories 309
- fat 18.4 g
- satfat 3 g
- monofat 11.7 g
- polyfat 2.6 g
- protein 26 g
- carbohydrate 11 g
- fiber 6 g
- cholesterol 175 mg
- iron 3.8 mg
- sodium 430 mg
- calcium 141 mg
How to Make It
Preheat grill to high heat.
Combine rind, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon oil, and shrimp in a medium bowl. Thread 4 shrimp onto each of 6 (10-inch) skewers. Coat grill rack with cooking spray. Grill shrimp 2 minutes on each side or until done.
Remove shrimp from skewers. Combine shrimp, arugula, jicama, and avocado in a large bowl; toss gently. Combine remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, lemon juice, vinegar, and sugar in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add juice mixture to shrimp mixture, and toss gently to coat. Divide the salad among 4 large plates; sprinkle evenly with queso fresco.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.