Lemony Garlic and Herb Halibut
Refrigerate: 2 Hours
- 1 1/2 pound(s) halibut, or the fish of your choice
- 4 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup(s) olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne
- 2 tablespoon(s) Italian parsley leaves, chopped small
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh basil, minced or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh rosemary leaves or 1/2 teaspoon ground rosemary
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a large ziploc bag and shake or squeeze to mix. Add the fish to the bag and then seal it, removing as much air as possible. Gently squeeze to make sure all pieces are covered in the marinade. Lay the bag flat in the refrigerator and allow it to marinate for an hour or two.
- Preheat the oven to broil. Line a large baking sheet with foil and then transfer the fish to the baking sheet. Broil for 8-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fillets. The fish should be firm and almost flaking. Be careful not to overcook and dry it out. Let it rest on the counter for a few minutes prior to serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note