Lemony Fusilli with Chickpeas, Raisins, and Spinach
With a refreshing lemon vinaigrette, chickpeas, and spinach, this salad makes a great light lunch or dinner alternative to a traditional mixed greens salad. For heartier fare, stir in some chopped cooked chicken.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 466
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 8.1g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 14.7g
- Carbohydrate: 87g
- Fiber: 10.8g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 376mg
- Calcium: 145mg
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat fusilli (short twisted spaghetti)
- 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded fontina cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 2. While pasta cooks, grate rind and squeeze juice from lemon to measure 4 teaspoons and 1/4 cup, respectively. Combine rind, juice, olive oil, and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add spinach, chickpeas, and raisins; toss well.
- 3. Drain pasta, and immediately add to spinach mixture, tossing until spinach wilts. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
- Serve with: Cheesy Crostini
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note