I really liked this one. It was light and refreshing for a summer picnic. I added a little more lemon, dialed back the parsley a bit, and skipped the radishes (I'm not a fan). My husband loved it.
Lemony Cucumber Salad
Don't forget that something fresh, vibrant, and crunchy is often missing from potluck gatherings; this easy salad will get gobbled up quickly because it satisfies on those levels.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 22 Minutes
- Calories: 33
- Fat: 1.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 4.3g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 156mg
- Calcium: 20mg
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 English cucumbers, thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2. Combine lemon rind and remaining ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Pour over cucumber mixture; toss well to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note