The 5 star rater didn't cook the recipe as directed - and has horribly skewed the average rating. This is inedible, the rice won't cook in that amount of time on low in a crock pot (I feared, but went ahead anyway and got what I expected). I tried to rescue it on the stove top, but it turned out gluey like trying to make a risotto with undercooked long-grain rice. Yuck. Take out burgers tonight instead.
Lemony Chicken Breasts with Rice
Chicken and rice are perfect dinner partners, so simplify your dinnertime prep by cooking them together in the slow cooker. All you need to add is a simple side dish, such as microwave-steamed veggies, and you've got a meal.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 534
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 80g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Sodium: 323mg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Scrape into slow cooker.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. Melt remaining 2 Tbsp. butter in skillet over medium high heat until foaming. Add chicken breast halves and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add 1 cup broth and lemon juice to skillet and bring to a boil, scraping browned bits from bottom of pan. Add to the slow cooker, along with remaining broth, rice and 1 tsp. salt. Stir, cover and cook on low until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender, 2 to 3 hours. Remove chicken, stir parsley into rice and season with salt and pepper. Divide rice onto 4 plates and top each with a piece of chicken; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note