COOK YOUR RICE FIRST! After 3 hours, the rice wasn't even close to done. I had to remove the rice from the crockpot and boil it on the stove. Might be easier to cook the chicken separately and use the lemon-broth to make the rice. Don't get out your crockpot for this dish!
Lemony Chicken Breasts with Rice
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 534
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Protein: 20g
- Carbohydrate: 80g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Sodium: 323mg
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Scrape into slow cooker.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt. Melt remaining 2 Tbsp. butter in skillet over medium high heat until foaming. Add chicken breast halves and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add 1 cup broth and lemon juice to skillet and bring to a boil, scraping browned bits from bottom of pan. Add to the slow cooker, along with remaining broth, rice and 1 tsp. salt. Stir, cover and cook on low until chicken is cooked through and rice is tender, 2 to 3 hours. Remove chicken, stir parsley into rice and season with salt and pepper. Divide rice onto 4 plates and top each with a piece of chicken; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes