simple, subtle and delicious! So much better than store bought fish sticks.
Lemony Baked Fish Sticks
The Davises often use Hey Kids! You're Cooking Now! by Dianne Pratt (Harvest Hill Press, 1-888-288-8900, $19.95) when selecting recipes for their cooking sessions. We adapted this recipe and Quick-and-Easy Tartar Sauce from this book.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 20 Minutes
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 pounds cod, flounder, or other white fish fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- Lemony Breading Mix
- Coat a jelly-roll pan with cooking spray. Coat bottom of pan evenly with canola oil. Set aside.
- Rinse fish fillets in running water; pat dry on paper towels. Sprinkle salt evenly on each side of fillets. Cut fish into 1- x 2-inch strips; set aside.
- Beat eggs, egg whites, and milk in a pieplate or shallow dish with a fork until well blended.
- Place Lemony Breading Mix in a large zip-top plastic bag. Dip fish strips into egg mixture; add a few at a time to breading mix in bag. Shake to coat. Place breaded fish in prepared jelly-roll pan; repeat with remaining fish strips.
- Bake at 400° for 15 to 20 minutes or until breaded fillets are golden brown. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note