Lemony Almond Biscotti
Cooking Light July/August 1994
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup(s) slivered almonds chopped and toasted
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoon(s) minced lemon rind
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- vegetable cooking spray
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- Combine flour and next three ingredients (almonds through salt) and set aside. Combine sugar, oil. and eggs in a large bowl; beat at high speed of an electric mixer until thick and pale (about five minutes). Add lemon rind and lemon juice, and beat until well blended. Stir in flour mixture until well blended.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and divide dough into two equal portions. Shape each portion into an 11-inch-long roll. Place cookie rolls about two inches apart on a large baking sheet coated with cooking spray, and flatten each roll to a one-inch thickness. Brush rolls with egg white.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove rolls from baking sheet to a wire rack, and let cool. Slice each roll diagonally into 20 (½-inch) slices. Place slices on baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until dry. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Servings: 40
- Yield: 40 cookies
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BlueeyedSara7 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note