I have made this several times. In my opinion, the flavors are a bit mild, so I generally increase all of the dressing ingredients by 1.5, except for the sesame oil and jalapeno. The flavors are unique and delicious, though, and the salad holds up very well. Recommended!
Lemongrass and Ginger Potato Salad
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Cindy Barr
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 151
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Carbohydrate: 27.7g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 306mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons minced peeled fresh lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Place potatoes in a medium saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain.
- 2. Combine rice vinegar and the next 6 ingredients (through jalapeño) in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add potatoes to lemongrass mixture; toss gently to combine. Cool completely.
- 3. Sprinkle potato mixture with green onions and cilantro; toss well to combine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note