We loved this dressing. I made it for the Salmon Sesame Salad on this site and it was a big hit with my family. I didn't have any sambal badjak so I just used a little hot sauce I had on hand. I also used powdered Ginger instead of fresh because that's what I had. It turn out wonderful! It tasted more like a ginger dressing then lemongrass but the lemongrass did add a layer of flavor that is a must! The flavors mixed so well and made my salad so interesting. I would recommend Looking up the Salmon Sesame Salad and make both the salad and this dressing to go with it. So delicious.
Lemongrass Chile Dressing
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sambal badjak*
- 2 tablespoons minced lemongrass from tender inner core of stalk
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- Whisk together lime juice, brown sugar, salt, sambal badjak, lemongrass, ginger, and oil.
- *Indonesian red chile and onion paste; find at Asian markets and well-stocked grocery stores, or substitute Sriracha (Asian-style red chili sauce).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salad Dressings