Was a big hit at my garden party! Most of the soft drinks were left untouched! Several guests asked for the recipe.
Lemonade Sweet Tea
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia DeGaris Pursell
Yield: Makes about 8 cups
More From Southern Living
Total: 25 Minutes
- 3 cups water
- 2 family-size tea bags
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups cold water
- 1/2 (12-oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- Garnishes: halved orange slices, lemon balm
- 1. Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a 2-qt. saucepan. Remove from heat, add tea bags, and stir in fresh mint. Cover and steep 10 minutes.
- 2. Discard tea bags and mint. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Pour tea into a 3-qt. container, and stir in 4 cups cold water and lemonade concentrate. Serve over ice. Garnish, if desired.
- Spiked Lemonade Sweet Tea: Prepare Lemonade Sweet Tea recipe as directed. Stir in 1 cup bourbon or 1 cup spiced dark rum just before serving. Garnish with fresh sugarcane and fresh pineapple slices, if desired.
- Ginger-and-Honey Sweet Tea: Prepare Southern Sweet Tea recipe as directed, omitting sugar and stirring in 1/2 cup honey and 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger. Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note