Adictive! I can not stop thinking about / enjoying this lovely sorbet! I used my favorite tea (Key Lime) and added the juice of 4 xl lemons to make this delicious treat. After making the base, I let it sit in the fridge overnight prior to pouring in my ice cream maker. I also "underchurned" the mix; my directions on the maker say 25-30 min churn time, I consistently find that 15-20 minutes produces a more enjoyable texture. Unbelievebly refreshing, this sorbet is my favorite I have made in my homeade maker so far - texture is best right out of the maker (nice and smooth), but after freeze time, just let it warm a bit to dig right in for leftovers. Texture will resemble italian ice after freeze time (which is fine by me!) I love that there are no preservatives and only 4 ingredients to such an amazing dessert. I will 100% make this one again and again! Enjoy!
Lemonade Iced Tea Sorbet
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Jan Gautro
Full-flavored English Breakfast tea is usually made from a blend that includes black tea leaves. But consider substituting your favorite tea to make this refreshing lemonade iced tea sorbet.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1/2 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 78
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.1g
- Carbohydrate: 20.7g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 0.0mg
- Calcium: 2mg
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 regular-sized English Breakfast tea bags
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 1 cup ice water
- Mint sprigs (optional)
- 1. Combine 2 cups boiling water and tea bags in a large bowl; steep 5 minutes. Discard tea bags. Add sugar to tea mixture, stirring until sugar dissolves. Cool completely. Stir in juice and 1 cup ice water; chill 1 hour.
- 2. Pour tea mixture into the freezer can of an ice-cream freezer; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Spoon sorbet into a freezer-safe container. Cover and freeze 1 hour or until firm. Garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Lemonade Iced Tea Sorbet Recipe at a Glance