I make these, they where a hit with the kids and grownups alike. I like that they were a little tart not so sweet. Will make these again and again.
Add easy lemon flavor to basic white cupcakes by stirring frozen lemonade concentrate into the white cake mix batter. Top the cupcakes with canned cream cheese frosting and decorate with an assortment of colorful candies.
- 1 (6-ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (8-ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (12-ounce) can cream cheese frosting
- Garnishes: chewy candies, colored sugar, and candy sprinkles
- Remove 2 tablespoons lemonade concentrate from can, and reserve for another use.
- Combine remaining concentrate, cake mix, and next 3 ingredients in a mixing bowl. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer until moistened. Beat at high speed 3 minutes, stopping to scrape down sides. Spoon batter into 30 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each three-fourths full.
- Bake at 350° for 22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans; cool completely on wire rack. Spread evenly with frosting. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note