- 2 packages (about 6 oz. each) long grain and wild rice pilaf mix
- 1 jar (6 oz.) marinated artichokes
- 1 pound firm-ripe tomatoes, rinsed, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper (1/2 lb.), rinsed, stemmed, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons drained capers (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt and pepper
- calories 212
- caloriesfromfat 22 %
- protein 5.8 g
- fat 5.1 g
- satfat 2 g
- carbohydrate 39 g
- fiber 3.5 g
- sodium 723 mg
- cholesterol 7.8 mg
How to Make It
Cook rice until tender to bite, according to package directions, then pour into a large bowl.
Drain marinade from artichokes into bowl with rice. Chop artichokes and add to rice. Mix, then stir occasionally until rice is cool, 30 to 45 minutes.
Mix tomatoes, bell pepper, parsley, capers, lemon peel, lemon juice, and sugar with cool rice mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper.