You can make this infusion with almost any combination of citrus fruit and liquor, but this is one of our favorites. Even better: You don't need the best-quality alcohol; the key is using something that's smooth and neutral in flavor. Try the infusion over ice or in your favorite cocktails. (Note: It's illegal to ship spirits in the U.S.)
More From Sunset
- Calories: 67
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Protein: 0.0g
- Fat: 0.0g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 0.1g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 0.3mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 lemons
- 1 bottle (750 ml.) vodka
- 1. Remove zest from lemons with a vegetable peeler and save fruit for another use. Put zest in a 1-qt.* glass jar or decorative bottle. Pour in vodka (through a funnel, if the bottle has a narrow opening).
- 2. Close jar tightly and put in a cool, dark place for 1 week.
- 3. Chill vodka and serve cold; it will take on the color of the zest and will gradually intensify in flavor and get a little cloudy.
- *You can use a smaller bottle, but the infusion will be stronger, so taste it occasionally and remove the zest when the liquor tastes the way you want.
- Make ahead: Up to 3 months (1 year, strained), chilled.
- Bottle it: 34-oz. Giara hermetic bottle, $8.99; containerstore.com
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note