I served this at a brunch with Quiche Lorraine, assorted breads and a fresh fruit platter. It was a tremendous success. Also can be made ahead of time and then arranged on the platter with the sliced meats. I added ham with the salami. the feta was fantastic, but the goat cheese kind of fell apart. I probably would use asaigo next time.
Lemon-Vinaigrette Marinated Antipasto
More From Southern Living
Chill: 2 Hours
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 (8-ounce) package feta cheese, cubed
- 1 (8-ounce) jar pitted kalamata olives, rinsed and drained
- 1 (6-ounce) jar pitted large Spanish olives, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16-ounce) jar pickled okra, drained
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into thin strips
- 1 (10.5-ounce) log goat cheese
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil-and-vinegar dressing
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (5-ounce) package sliced hard salami (optional)
- Toasted French bread slices or large crackers
- Garnish: lemon wedges
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge into ice water to stop cooking process; drain.
- Arrange green beans, feta cheese, and next 5 ingredients in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish, keeping each ingredient separate from others.
- Whisk together dressing and next 3 ingredients. Drizzle evenly over ingredients. Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Transfer marinated ingredients to a large serving platter. Add salami, if desired. Serve with toasted French bread slices or large crackers. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Newman's Own Olive Oil & Vinegar dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers